Thursday 1 September 2016

Hello September ...

Welcome to September and hopefully the start of some warmer weather.  I love Spring so bring it on I say!!

This month we have a colour challenge for you  but as always please find other inspiration from our image as you would like - you might like to focus on flowers or include some insects on your page.  Perhaps you would like to do a spring related page - whatever inspires you about our image, please share it with us.



Our team have some fantastic layouts to inspire you ...

KAREN
I've taken the inspiration at face value going with the bee theme. I took a bunch of photographs on an outing to the park earlier this year, experimenting with my camera settings and not ever intending to print the photographs. I'm so glad I kept the photographs now!


DI
This month, besides the colour palette, I have also chosen to use photographs of flowers. I my case, waterlilies, which themselves showcase the colour palette perfectly. This is a series taken  to include close-ups of the flower structure.  I've also tried something new for me.. layering pages to form a small album on the layout.

DEB
is having a small break this month but will be back with us in October

LYNNE
 I was inspired by the flower theme and added a bee to my page as well...and I just happened to have gorgeous papers in my stash with purple, yellow, and green in them! 

PHILLIS
I was immediately drawn in by the flower. I used my only purple flower and lots of smaller yellow and white flowers. I loved working with these 3 colors.

REBECCA
I was inspired by the large flower

JANE
I don't think any guesses are needed to work out where my inspiration came from - bees - you have got to love them!

and introducing a brand new member to our team
SHAZZA

 I  took my inspiration from the colour palette and used a bee quote and added a bee! Title is Skyla, you are the bees knees!

NOW IT IS UP TO YOU ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on September 30th.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books, a mixed media canvas. Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  You may combine with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for August.

2 comments: